What's a Workspace?
A Workspace is a collection of workbooks and the users who have access to them. In order to access any of the workbooks within a Workspace, a user must be a member of that Workspace and have at least viewer-level access to the workbook.
What's a Workbook?
A Workbook is effectively a "file" of data within Visor that can be displayed and formatted in different ways. Each Workbook can contain multiple folders, and each folder can contain multiple Views. There is no limit to the number of users who can view or edit a Workbook, but a Workbook can only belong to one Workspace.
- A Visor subscription is applied to your Workspace. Purchased licenses cannot be split amongst several Workspaces.
- Viewing and Editing permissions are applied to the Workbook. At this time, there is no global permission setting for the Workspace.
- Giving someone access to a Workbook adds them to your Workspace, but they will only see the Workbooks you add them to.
- All Workbooks a user has access to can be seen from the Workspace Home Page.
- Your Connected App is connected to your Workspace, so you cannot have two different connected instances on Workbooks in the same Workspace.
- For example, you could not have Jira 1 connected to Workbook 1 and Jira 2 connected to Workbook 2 in the same Workspace.