What is a field refresh?
Visor needs to learn about your integrations before you can interact with them as connections. Visor reads your integration’s configuration to map out different fields and objects. This process happens automatically every time you authorize a connected app (Jira, Salesforce, Hubspot, etc). However, if you make any configuration changes in your connected app, Visor will need to relearn your fields and objects. This guide covers the different ways you can trigger configuration refreshes depending on where you are.
Why do I need to refresh fields?
Below is a list of potential reasons you may need to refresh fields.
- You have new changes in your connected app that you want Visor to know about.
- Maybe you added a new Jira field, or new dropdown options to your Jira fields. You will need to refresh the fields before you can start using them.
- Visor encountered an error learning about fields initially, so your configuration is not completely known.
- This can happen for a number of reasons, including authorization and permission issues. If the problem persists, contact Visor support via in-app chat, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visor has updated its field learning process to support new fields or provide additional functionality for existing fields.
- Visor is constantly adding new features. Sometimes, gaining access to these features requires this additional step.
How to refresh fields
From your Visor Workbook
If you are on a particular workbook, and you have connected fields, you can trigger a field refresh directly from your workbook. In the example below, we demonstrate how to refresh fields for our Jira Connection:
- Click on the “Connections” button. This will open the connection details window.
- Ensure the Connection you would like to refresh fields for is selected — in our case, this is the Jira Connection.
- Click on the Advanced Settings tab. This will give you information and controls for your Integration.
- Click on “Refresh Fields" under the Integration Management section.
From the Settings Page
If you are not on an active workbook, but you know the workspace has active connections, you can trigger a connection refresh from the settings page:
- Click on your Profile Avatar → Settings.
- Click on “Integrations” located in the navigation panel on the left.
- Select the integration you would like to refresh from the list. In our case, we would like to refresh fields for our Jira integration.
- Click on the “Remap API Fields”.